Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Guerilla Art helping hands Project

I just did my art project. It was lots of fun and seemed like a game once the meter maids showed up. I had to race to the meters and drop in quarters before they wrote a tickett.

Then a meter maid told me it was illegal to put quarters in the meters. I looked over and noticed another meter maid filming me. I think she said "now we have you". Then one of them told me to get a life. This made me feel bad. I still was not sure if it was illegal or not. Could it really be illegal? Welcome to the United States of America where you can get arrested for being a good samaritan.

The poor meter maids. I am sure they work very hard for little pay. In the snow and rain. Yuck! No wonder they are so uptight. They also most likely have a certain quota to fill. I'm sure they can get "in trouble" at work if they don't give out a certain number of ticketts. They even said that they were going to call 911. "911 this is an emergency we have a woman feeding quarters to the meters!"

I tried to get videos of people who found their cars with my art and note. One of my notes was missing from a car which I suspect the meter maids took. For evidence! I don't think anyone did as the note suggested and began to find other low meters to feed.

I have it all on film. You can go to www.youtube.com/watchv=ojifqlr-uww and if that doesnt work you can go to www.youtube.com/iguanaboston

On my way home from i called my friend Paul. He told me that it was indeed illegal and if i got arrested I could call him and he would come and bail me out. He said he had a stash of money at his house. I think this was a joke. He did go on to say that they might give me a fine. Possibly a fine of $500.

I am going to stop into a police station to find out if it is illegal or not. Could it really be illegal!?

1 Comments:

At September 21, 2007 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Nettrice said...

Well if you ever get arrested for putting quarters in parking meters let me know because I think it is a story for the media!

Great concept and implementation. Although I wish your public response was more positive I am glad you did get public interaction with your work...and were able to record it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home